|Why should I perform preventative maintenance?
- Heating and cooling systems work hard to perform the necessary functions for your household and the constant stopping, starting and continual operation of these systems can wear them down quickly if you do not use proper care and maintenance. If you perform preventive maintenance and servicing of your system on a regular basis you can maximize the lifetime of your heating or cooling system and protect them against unexpected failures. By doing preventative maintenance on a regular basis you can ensure that leaks rust, rot or corroded electrical connections are found before they are a problem for you.
What equipment requires preventative maintenance?
- On a yearly basis heat pumps and air conditioners require a professional inspection and tune up.
What type of filters should I use?
- Standard filters work to keep your system and its ductwork clean but they do not really work to improve the indoor air quality. In order to keep your indoor air quality to the highest standard you should use a media filter. The media filter rests between the main return duct and the blower cabinet and will help to improve dust and particle removal by almost seven times that of a standard filter. If you upgrade to a pleated media filter this will remove everything from insecticide dust to airborne viruses from the filtered air. Remember to always choose a filter that matches your blower’s capacity.
What is the most efficient way to run my heating and cooling system?
- Keep your thermostat set at a constant temperature. Recommended temperature is 55 degrees in winter and 85 degrees in summer when no one is home; 68 degrees in winter and 78 degrees in summer when you are home.
- Change your filters every month.
- Check the outside condensing unit regularly for any obstructions.
How do I know when it is time to replace my system?
- The average lifetime of an air conditioning unit is 12-15 years; furnace 15-20 years and a boiler 15-20 years. These are just guidelines.
- If your unit has been repaired several times or higher than average wear of a typical system than it may be time to replace it.
How do I know if my system is working properly?
- Any of the following can be signs that your system is not functioning properly and needs to be serviced:
- Cooling and/or heating of house does not seem sufficient
- Utility bills have gone up for no apparent reason
- Taking longer than usual to heat or cool house
What is a SEER rating?
- SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio. The higher the SEER number, the more efficient the system is and the less it will cost to operate it.
How expensive are air conditioning and heat pump systems?
- Many factors affect the cost of a heating or air conditioning system, including the size of your home, the type and condition of the ductwork installed and accessories you might need such as a thermostat or an electronic air cleaner. We can offer you a complete range of systems and accessories available to meet all your needs, including your financial ones!
How do I select the right heating/cooling system?
- First, make sure the unit is properly sized. We will provide a load calculation for your home. Next, consider any comfort issues in the home. Some products can reduce air stratification and uneven temperatures from room to room. If you have allergies, an indoor unit with an ECM motor will allow you to circulate the air in your home continuously while filtering the air for about the same cost as operating a standard light bulb. Finally, know your budget parameters and the efficiency of the system being proposed. Does the system offer a payback? In other words, will the monthly savings over time offset the cost of the new unit or efficiency option being considered?
FAST, DEPENDABLE SERVICE FOR OVER 10 YEARS
- Air Conditioners and Furnaces
- We Service All Makes and Models
- Up Front, Flat Rate Pricing
TAKE 10% OFF
ANY NEW SYSTEM*
* Certain restrictions apply
1550 Dell Avenue, Suite H
Campbell, CA 95008
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
License # 794106